Friday, December 21, 2007

Sweet Dreams

To close out bedtime, I was telling the Monkey some stories about Alexander the Great as a young Macedonian prince. You know, the tutelage under Aristotle, the taming of Bucephalus, and the Gordian Knot (but not so much the drunken altercation when his father remarried or the mass slaughters he allowed at Massaga and Ora).

At some point, the Monkey said "I can be king, you can be king, and we can have adventures together." It was such a generous, lovely thought.

When the Monkey Mama puts him down, she often says "Sweet dreams." To which he replies, "Sweet dreams...of mama."

It's really quite touching.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey

My name is Scott Lancaster from www.diyfather.com we are a global online interactive forum for fathers based in New Zealand.

I was hoping that you might be interested in sharing content, we would link back to your site with your name on our site.

Also would you be interested in doing a podcast interview via telephone?

Let me know if this is possible I look forward to hearing from you

Regards Scott

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry forgot to say that my email address is: scott@diyfather.com thanks Scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home