Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Crickets

I guess autumn is near. The other day at twilight, I head crickets. The sound reminded me of more pastoral places from my childhood -- far removed from the urban environment of Washington DC.

Unfortunately, I was in my basement. The two floods we suffered this summer (one man-made but uninsurable, the other natural) left some serious humidity in the basement. So now we have crickets.

Speaking of crickets, that's the sound this blog has been making lately. I suppose after a few more prolonged lulls I will contemplate shutting down the blog. But for now, I remain your faithfully blogging Monkey Daddy.

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I highly recommend a dehumidifier. It's really helped with the humidity levels in our basement, which we monitor with a hygrometer, and helped to stop mold from taking hold after a little minor flooding we had recently (ruined the carpet tiles but only about a third of the space - and that's why we went for carpet tiles anyway). Hope you three are well. We miss playgroup, but Silas started pre-school at Emery Rec. and seems to be having fun so far. Glad to hear the porch project is going well.

Stephanie

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Elspeth said...

Don't shut down the blog! You'll always be the Monkey Daddy, even if you don't spent as much time at home with the Monkey. You'll still have worthwhile stories to share.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home