Thursday, February 16, 2006

Good Vibrations

On our walk to the cemetary today, I put the boy in the stroller. Usually I have him in the carrier, but I thought we would try something different...and he's getting heavier by the day, about 23.5 pounds these days.

I noticed he was chewing the frame of the stroller for a good part of the trip. My guess is that the rolling vibrations of the stroller were soothing to his gums, which are cutting their 5th and 6th teeth. I had never heard of anything like that before.

I wonder if it's addictive?

2 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

babies do the strangest things! the image of The Boy chewing on plastic as the bumps of the sidewalk and road vibrated in his head reminded me of trying to drink out of a cup while in a car, despite all of the bumps - not my idea of a good time! i wonder if he was able to not focus on anything visually as he was chewing. makes me dizzy just thinking about it. do you predict he'll be chewing on the stroller again for the next walk?

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger The Good Doctor said...

No frame chewing on the next stroller ride. But it was very windy. Maybe that matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home