Saturday, September 30, 2006

Back baby, back in time

Being alone with the Monkey during the Monkey Mama's absence this weekend makes me nostalgic for my time as a full-time stay-at-home dad. I think the reason is adrenalin's role in memory: the stressors of being a single parent (isolated and overworked) are similar to the stressors I felt as a new stay-at-home parent.

So maybe that's why I was itching to go the arboretum. An out-of-town friend is visiting DC this weekend -- always a plus about living in this town -- and despite "iffy" weather I took her to the National Arboretum. (The Monkey and I used to go there a lot.) And when we took a long walk around the neighborhood later, most of the condo/houses currently for sale are houses that the Monkey and I saw in their initial phases of construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home