Thursday, July 06, 2006

And we're back...


Sorry that blogging has been light for my regular readers. It's not that I don't have anything to write; it's that the new schedule, work, travel, and family time cut into my more solitary pursuits.

I'll have more to say about our trip to Quebec City coming up. For now, I'll share two moments:

The Best Moment: Eating breakfast at L'Omlette with the Monkey and the Monkey Momma. There was a high chair, so we could both enjoy our bottomless cups of coffee. The food was fine, good breakfast chow. But what made it so special was just watching the Monkey. He was feeding himself bits of toast, egg, and fruit...and 100% of the food was going in his mouth. He was dextrous, coordinated, smiling, hungry, and pleasant breakfast companionship. He responded to the horse-drawn carriages passing by outside by giving us the Monkeysign for "Horsie." It was a chance for the Monkey Momma and me to reflect on just how well the Monkey is integrating his mind, body, and spirit. He's really coming together.

The Worst Moment: Outside the wedding, keeping the Monkey entertained while the Monkey Momma enjoyed herself inside. That's not what made it bad, though: the grounds outside were beautiful, green, and littered with croquet and bocce instruments. It's that I pulled a mosquito off the Monkey's brow, squeezed it, and saw my son's bright red blood. Yuck. I hated that.

(Later on was perhaps the cutest moment. At the wedding, he slept in the reclined stroller with a blanket draped over the top...only his little dirty feet poking out through the bottom. Cute!)

1 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys got to enjoy Quebec City--sounds like you had a fabulous time. The Mrs. & I also found it an enchanting place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home