Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Economist Stuff

Some of my interlibrary loans came in today. Science for Agriculture: A Long-Term Perspective 2nd ed. by Huffman and Evenson (Blackwell, 2006) and Confronting the Nation's Water Problems: The Role of Research (NAS, 2003). So I got some good reading done.

I spent most of my day with the latter. It was a useful background on U.S. federal water policy, and confirmed (or at least didn't contradict) a working hypothesis I have about the direction I should take my research.

Unfortunately, my research organization doesn't "do" working papers. And it doesn't "do" econblogging. And it doesn't "do" a lot of open, informal airing of opinions and sketched out hypotheses.

So that's why I mostly keep that stuff off this blog. But I just thought I'd let my readers know that I am finding my groove at work and getting engaged with a few interesting projects.

1 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slightly unrelated, but I'm currently reading Collapse by Jared Diamond, which I think you'd enjoy. More of an antropological, rather than economic text, but it deals a lot w/ the societal impacts of agricultural/environmental decisions.

Hmm, lots of comments today. Could just be reluctance to do work, post-alaska...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home