Sunday, July 09, 2006

Murky Water

I don't know how often a stranger watches the Monkey at play and says, "He's going to need a bath tonight."

Today, he was dirty at the top of Sugarloaf Mountain in Dickerson, Maryland (at the foot of which is a neat new winery, by the way). Last week, he was dirty in the Isle d'Orleans at a cafe in Quebec. Tomorrow, he'll be dirty somewhere else.

We want him to play as often as he wants, to engage with the world. And the world is dirty.

I'm proud to say that he needs a bath every day.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My little monkey is always dirty! And he's 1 1/2! There's nothing I can do to keep him clean. Especially the hair, and boy does he hate having it washed.
I'm new to your blog. Saw it on the Petworth News (I'm just south in Park View)... I'm active in Petworth Parents though... so maybe we'll cross paths!

 
At 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were always dirty, yourself. I particularly liked the time I removed a coiled, dead, smelly snake from your pants pocket.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home