Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March madness

Yesterday was the first day of Daylight Savings Time, and the first warm day of spring. "Time to bust out the jogging stroller," I said to myself.

It's a double-wide, purchased in anticipation of Baby August. We already had a single-monkey stroller, and no stroller with jogging capabilities, so the double jogging stroller seemed like a good way to go. It took some figuring to determine which doors of our house can actually accommodate the girth of the thing, but that hurdle is passed. (Hurdles? Those would be very tough in a jogging stroller.)

Gratifyingly, the Monkey spoke the word "Fast!" for the very first time to describe our jog together. He also probably learned how to hack up half a lung and spit it out. That will not be gratifying.

I ran again with him this afternoon. On both days, I worked a playground into the route to give him some reason to come along -- other than the thrill of sheer "Fast!"

Today at the playground, I ran into the neighborhood playgroup that I used to see regularly on Thursdays while I was a full-time stay-at-home dad. All the kids are bigger, and walking better, and talking better. I was immediately busted with the double stroller (not that we're keeping Baby August a secret). Add that to the playdate that the Monkey enjoyed with two friends at the JP2CC earlier today, and it's a good day at home.

All it lacked was a nap (for him or for me). That means he was dog tired and cranky at the end of the day, and I didn't get any work done on the paper I'm writing for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home