Monday, December 12, 2005

Sore Back

Something they don't tell you in parent training is that raising a child is hard on one's back. (Also, there's no such thing as parent training.)

We go to the pediatrician (who is awesome, btw) on Thursday for a check-up, and we will weigh the Monkey. But I guess he's about 23 or 24 pounds. Picking him up and putting him down happens hundreds of times a day, and you can't just toss him around like a sack of potatoes -- his neck control is improving, but he's still a baby after all.

Add in the fact that I purchased 28 cartons of hardwood flooring this weekend. Each weighs 80 pounds or so. On my own, I loaded them into a friend's pick-up truck, brought them up the stairs into my house, and down the winding stairs into the basement. Until I decided that they didn't belong in the basement. (They need to acclimate to their surroundings before I can lay them down. And they're heavy.) Today I restacked them so that they were bearing on multiple floor joists where the joists sit in brick pockets. (Here is a shockingly descriptive photo.) Ouch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home