Monday, May 08, 2006

Bad Metro Riders

Arriving home by Metro, I usually try to ride in the car that stops closest to the Metro exit I plan to use. At my home Metro stop there is only one exit, so I ride near the back of the train so I don't have to walk along the platform more than necessary.

About half the metro riders got out where I did: near the exit. The other half were scattered up and down the platform. Perhaps they just caught the train, and so were unable to position themselves appropriately in the train? Or perhaps they are relaxed and don't care? Or perhaps all the riders like me made the desirable cars too crowded?

Or perhaps they are Bad Metro Riders, ignorant of the possibilities.

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Blogger Craig said...

At this late hour, I believe that there can be little excuse for non-optimization of one's platform position except for late arrival at the station of origin. Then again, my own homeward trip also terminates in a bus ride, giving me even greater reason to want to dash to the exit.

On the other hand, I'm never so much a stickler about the metro or bus schedules or platforms to let them stand in the way of rich deipnosophy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home