Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Here in the Petworth neighborhood of Washington, DC, there are amateur fireworks exhibitions on every street corner that last until 1am. Other people celebrate the spontaneous nature of these displays. I like them for the public safety:

Happy 4th of July from Petworth...when you can be pretty sure that wasn't a gunshot!


On our way to friends' house for Independence grilling, I had to do some combat evasive driving: my preferred route led through a crowd detonating a shockingly, profoundly loud explosion...so I changed routes. Then in the search for parking in Ledroit Park, I happened down an alley, where a sparkling blaze had just been lit...which made me swerve rather sharply within the confines of the alley, and then swerve back again to punch it out of there.

If I were a returning Iraq War vet, I'm not sure I would like this holiday.

(Oh well, at least Scooter has his independence; see comments from this earlier blog post.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home