Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Easter

Ma Chere was planning our Easter.

I give her lots of praise for having the strategic vision required to look up from the daily grind of raising two kids in diapers and find opportunities to mark occasions with meaning. That includes finding time to spend with friends, but also celebrating holidays in festive style. I support her 100 percent, and I do my share either by contributing to the festivities directly, or by watching the kids to give her the space she needs to operate.

But sometimes -- okay, often -- Ma Chere gets carried away. Discretion is occasionally the better part of strategic vision. Especially when we are still feeling the ripples from an especially busy work period I had at the beginning of the month. So when the general topic of Easter came up, and Ma Chere ventured "Let's have an Easter open house and invite a lot of friends to brunch," I got exasperated.

I exclaimed, "Sweet Mary on the cross!"

Now, our religious observance is a little hard to describe, and two kids in diapers makes any acts of devotion irregular at best. In fact, I think I would have to describe our current status as "lapsed Unitarians" -- which is tripping over a pretty low hurdle.

But even then, I'm not sure that's the way the Story goes. (Maybe they were just being thorough?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home