Monday, March 31, 2008

Mr. Ambassador

On my days at home with the kids, I usually wear Blueberry for much of the day in a sling. This particular sling was made for us by a friend, and its two main charms are that it fits me well and it is simplicity itself. It is basically a folded cloth sewed into a sling of fixed length. Also, its fashion fabric is a striking crimson rough silk.

When I take the baby out -- for some tummy time, a nap, or some time in the Neglect-o-matic exersaucer -- I usually continue to wear the sling. It helps keeps the "attachment" in attachment parenting, and I don't have to think about where I put it down last.

But wearing the crimson sash without the baby does give one a certain look. At first I felt like a beauty pageant contestant, but that wasn't quite right. Instead, its shape and striking crimson color made me think of formal wear such as a foreign ambassador might wear to an event of state.

That's right, I'm a real Mr. Ambassador over here.

I will say, though, that if someone were to spit up on the sash of a real ambassador as often as Blueberry does, that someone would probably be removed from the event of state. There would probably be an international incident.

And of course I would have no choice but to demand satisfaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home